ABOUT ENGINEERING

Modern life is more comfortable in comparison to past, most of the credit for this goes to engineers. Engineering is very challenging and highly rewarding profession for imaginative and creative people good in science and Mathematics. Engineers are trained to apply tools of Science and Maths to resolve problems and provide solutions. It has numerous branches of specialization i.e. mechanical, civil, chemical, mining, aerospace, nuclear, petroleum, computer, environmental etc. One can choose according to his interest and inclination from endless streams of ever evolving fields of specializations. After graduation avenues are open for higher studies and research, willing students can join labs or may teach in renowned institutions of repute.


EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS

Entry level qualification for an engineer is four years graduation degree. Having passed the course one is entitled to work as an engineer either as a freelancer or joining multinational giants in India or oversees. Big companies are investing huge money for up gradation of next generation cutting age technologies; it requires trained engineers and researchers for labs. They promote establishment of quality engineering institutes to fill the gap of demand and supply in future. Good engineers get recruited directly through campus placements by the employers to catch them young and fresh out of college on handsome salary and compensations.

WHY ENGINEERING

Economy needs engineers to remain productive and competitive, every country understands the vital role played by engineers in economic development. Government and industry both support engineering education in India to maximize the number of quality pass outs every year as there is huge gap in our aspirations to grow and available skilled resources to handle and operate the system with efficiency and deftness. In comparison to other professions engineering has higher number of seats available for admission and better job opportunities. India has great talent pool of mathematics and science which sits for national and state level competitive exams every year. Remuneration and perquisites are best, after spending four years in college one gets accessibility to the job market through campus interviews and in house placements. Sense of creativity gets satisfied by contributing in lives of millions.

ENTRANCE EXAMINATION

Entrance exams are organized every year for admission to the engineering institutes, basic qualification for this test is 10+2 pass with Physics, Chemistry and Math .These entrance tests are meant to judge the entry level understanding of physics, chemistry and math through objective questions with multiple choice options. Some of the prestigious of these tests are JEE, BITSATetc.. JEE is toughest and preferred one , every student dreams to secure admission in IIT’s but now scenario is changing with the time, students are now preferring lesser known colleges if they don’t get their desired stream in IIT’s . Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) for admission to the IIT’s and NIT’s are conducted for under graduate courses. JEE is divided in two parts , JEE-MAIN and JEE – ADVANCED , top 150000 candidates qualifying main examination (including all categories) are qualified to take JEE- ADVANCED examination for admission in IIT’s. Admissions to IIT’s are made category wise all India rank in JEE – Advanced ,adding 40% weightage for class XII board examination and remaining 60% weightage would be given on the basis of JEE MAIN and combined all India Rank (AIR) would be decided accordingly. Further, they should also be in the top 20 percentile category of the board examination. Other states and private colleges accepting scores of JEE normally allocate 50% weightage for class XII and 50% to in JEE MAINS score states like Gujarat gives 60% weightage to state board and 40% to JEE MAINS score and All India Rank (AIR).